Saturday 24 October 2009

A very wet and rainy day..

Top end of Ladybower with the clearing mist

Today was supposed to be The Mam Tor ride, legendary in it's own right... however, with my friend cancelling on Thursday and me going on my own, I decided it was a silly idea. Once you get started on the ride, there are no short cuts and no roads or train stations near by.
Picture of the reservoirs......

I got a train out to Edale and rode back from there. Up the hill to Hollins cross initially, and then back down before heading up and over towards the Enchanted forest. At the top I headed off down 'the beast' (which was awesome fun to ride!), and then back up past Rowley Farm behind Hagg hill. Rode all the way around Ladybower before heading up to Win hill and down to the A57. From there it was back to Sheffield via Redmires and Endcliffe Parks. 6 hills. 4.5 hours.
Unfortunately I wasn't allowed in the house covered in mud....

Unfortunately, it rained throughout the ride. The mist was down and it was rather spooky around Ladybower....with the pine trees and the mist it was like something out of Twilight! haha. I'm just obsessed with Twilight at the moment. Less than a month until the sequel, New Moon... :-)
Dam disappearing into the mist....